There are many types of oral surgery that you may need, and when choosing your oral surgeon, it is imperative that you choose someone you trust. At Printers Row Dental Studio, Dr. Ema is highly-trained and experienced as an oral surgeon and is committed to providing unparalleled patient care.
There are a number of reasons that you may need oral surgery. If you’re looking for a trusted Chicago oral surgeon, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Ema understands that oral surgery can be a great source of anxiety for many people, and she is proud to offer in-office amenities and sedation to make your experience as comfortable and painless as possible.
Root canals are an important procedure that are intended to save your natural tooth. If the pulp of your tooth is infected, Dr. Ema will actually go into your tooth and clean out the infected tissue in your root canal. By doing this, she is able to stop the infection, saving your tooth and the surrounding tissues.
If Dr. Ema tells you that you need a root canal, don’t worry. Root canals are safe, and Dr. Ema is highly experienced in performing the procedure.
Signs you may need a root canal:
- Severe tooth pain
- Very sensitive teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Swollen gums surrounding an infected tooth
Whether you’re experiencing a broken tooth, a decayed tooth, or wisdom tooth pain, tooth extractions are very important dental procedures. Tooth extractions can be daunting, but at Printers Row Dental Studio, you can be confident you’re in good hands.
Reasons for tooth extractions:
- Wisdom tooth pain
- Baby teeth don’t fall out in time to allow permanent teeth to come in
- Medication has caused a tooth infection ( Especially common with drugs involved in cancer treatments)
- Wisdom teeth need to be extracted
- Orthodontic treatment requiring room to be made in your mouth
- Some teeth block others from coming in properly
- Tooth decay and periodontitis
- Severe injury has damaged a tooth beyond repair
If you need a tooth extraction, call Chicago’s leading oral surgeon, Dr. Ema, at Printers Row Dental Studio today!
When you’re missing a tooth, replacing that tooth is not only an important aesthetic choice, but it is also important for your overall oral health. By replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant, Dr. Ema will surgically implant the post into your jaw. This actually helps preserve your jawbone and, in turn, the overall structure of your face.
Benefits of Implants:
- Dental implants are designed to look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Since the dental implant fuses with your bone, the discomfort of dentures is not a problem
- With proper care, dental implants will last many years, and, in some cases, they can last the rest of your life
- Dental Implants prevent further bone loss and help retain the shape and appearance of your face
- They are permanent and stable
What Should I Expect?
In most cases, Dr. Ema will use an intravenous (IV) anesthetic, but nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or a local anesthetic may also be used. Dr. Ema will discuss your options with you and guide you in choosing the best anesthetic option for you.
After your surgery, someone will need to drive you home, as you will not be able to do this by yourself. You will most likely experience pain at the extraction site, and some patients experience blood at the site.
How Long Will it Take to Recover?
Following oral surgery, depending on the type of surgery, you will likely be able to resume normal activity after the first day. However, we do recommend that you take it easy for a few days after the surgery and give yourself ample time to heal. Dr. Ema is devoted to ensuring both your safety and your comfort before, during, and after your surgery.
We understand that surgery can be a frightening prospect for some, and at Printers Row Dental Studio, it is our goal to make your experience as stress-free as possible by providing you with our best care. We are here for anything you may need before, during, and after your surgery. Dr. Ema is specially trained to give you the highest quality of care and comfort.